AYANA Resort and Spa Bali is pleased to announce the appointment of Giordano Faggioli as Executive Chef to oversee its 13 restaurants and bars, In-Room Dining and banqueting services.
Giordano brings more than 20 years’ experience in luxury hotels and restaurants to his role, including Executive Chef positions at the St Regis Beijing, and Four Seasons Resorts in Chiang Mai and Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
The Italian native, who grew up in a small farming town of just 1500 people, said he jumped at the opportunity to work at AYANA, which has been honored with several industry awards following its rebranding last April under the management of West Paces Hotel Group. The most recent accolade was Asia’s Leading Luxury Resort at the World Travel Awards 2009 in London.
“I had heard many good things about the property and was excited to work with Horst Schulze and his team at West Paces,” Giordano said. “AYANA’s reputation is first-class as a luxury destination that provides a unique and memorable guest experience, and this is recognized by the many awards it has won. I feel privileged to be a part of this team.”
From the region of Emilia Romagna in northern Italy, renowned for its homemade fresh pasta, cured meats, asparagus, and seafood fresh from the Adriatic sea, Giordano’s career has seen him travel widely in south-east Asia. He said the opportunity to work in Bali was a bonus to joining AYANA’s team. “The Balinese are well-known for their hospitality and friendliness, and now I can understand why this is so often voted the World’s Number One island. It truly is a beautiful place with beautiful people.”
He arrived in Bali just before the busy Christmas and New Year period, and just as AYANA unveiled its latest renovation, of Damar Terrace restaurant, one of seven restaurants spread out around the 77-hectare property. Giordano said he has been amazed at the sheer quality and diversity of the culinary experiences at AYANA, which also include:
• Dava, an ultra-chic restaurant with stunning Indian Ocean views serving modern international cuisine by Chef William Gumport, and a la carte breakfast for villa guests.
• Kisik Bar and Grill, an ocean front, sand-floored restaurant carved into the Cliffside serving fresh seafood fresh from the boats and cooked to perfection over coconut husk barbecues.
• Rock Bar, a must-see for every visitor to Bali, perched 14 meters above the ocean on a rocky outcrop at the base of towering cliffs.
• Padi, also recently renovated and featuring Thai, Indian and Indonesian cuisine for dinner, and international buffet breakfast.
• Sami Sami, a cliffside restaurant serving Italian cuisine.
• Langit Theatre, an open-air, terraced theatre for dining under the stars while watching traditional Balinese dance performances.
• Spa Café, serving low calorie healthy spa cuisine.
• Pesta Lobster ‘Dinner on The Pier’, the resort’s famous candle-lit, four course lobster dinner for just two people, 'cast away' on the private pier extending out into the Indian Ocean.
“This is the type of resort that food and wine connoisseurs dream of,” said Giordano. “Travelers can come here and savor a different dining experience every night, and be completely wowed by the ambiance, cuisine and service, without ever leaving the property. From dinner for two on the private pier, to the urban-chic of Dava and Asian family-style dining at Padi, this is a true culinary journey!”
General Manager Charles de Foucault said Giordano’s strong background at high-end restaurants and luxury hotels would further enhance the dining experiences available at AYANA’s restaurants. “Giordano possesses a wealth of experience and creativity, and we look forward to seeing the ‘Giordano touch’ take our culinary service to new heights.”
[Site internet de la société émettrice de ce communiqué de presse]
Cette actualité a été lue 18 fois