Sought position: Black diamond manager Ref ID: n°63982 Town: Tignes Country : France Contract type: Fixed term contract (Seasonal) Duration: to 5 at 6 months Work schedules: Without any break Salary: according to experience Experience: experienced Training course prepared: Job status: Manager Job category: Management / Management assistant Accomodation: Accomodation provided in resort of Tignes les Brevieres Online since 2019/10/03 This job position is still available for the week of 2019-11-11
Black Diamond is a one of a kind resort that combines 6 luxury chalets. Each chalet is completely unique, ranging from Hollywood vehicles in livings room to wooden carved lizard tables from Bali. Black Diamond is looking for a manager to inspire and lead a team of hosts and housekeepers alongside our experience management team to create memories that live up to our amazing chalets.
You will meet amazing people, both guests and your colleagues. With a positive forward-thinking attitude, you will find many opportunities will arise. It will be hard work but hugely rewarding. We have high expectations of our team and our team has high expectations of us. We will create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into ski friendly shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore. Main Responsibilities
· Create a supportive and constructive culture for your team to work at optimum efficiency and performance manage them throughout the season.
· Ensure the highest level of tailored service is provided at all times for your client, attending to the clients expressed and unexpressed wishes. Liaise with the Experience Manager and relay information to chalet hosts within Black Diamond about guest requirements. Creating a luxury service where guests are made to feel special and the focal point of your attention.
· Manage and grow your team of Hosts to provide a service where you proactively provide for the guests expressed and unexpressed wishes
· Manage and record laundry services, ensuring at all times the linen is fully stocked and accounted for. Provide weekly reports
· Manage and record housekeeping inventory. Provide weekly reports of spend and stock
· Manage and record alcohol stores, ensuring the store is secure throughout the season. Coordinate restocking of chalets on change over days. Provide weekly reports
· Manage housekeeping staff, focusing on maintaining the highest respect for hygiene and pride in their work. Ensuring that housekeeping is completed within time schedules
· Chair weekly meetings for all Black Diamond staff, to discuss positives of previous week, discuss what could be improved and outline the key point for the coming week
· Assist your fellow team members to create a truly memorable ski experience for both guests and staff
Skills & Experience
· Hospitality experience managing a team of between 10 - 20
· Experience managing a Chalet
· Excellent organisation and recording skills
· Passionate and knowledgeable about food and beverage
· Excellent eye for detail in all aspects of chalet presentation and housekeeping
· Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
· Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills - proficient in English
· Excel/ general computer proficiency, for accounting and promotional uses
· EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
At Whitegold Hospitality we manage the breath-takingly unique GC Kollection chalets. Providing the highest level of tailored service, attending to the clients expressed and unexpressed wishes. Creating a luxury service where guests are made to feel special and the focal point of your attention.
We have high expectations of our team and our team has high expectations of us. We will create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into ski friendly shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore.
Our career section has been selected among the best job boards in Les Échos - Statista 2019 list: we are among the 8 best specialised websites according to recruiting managers and we are the only one dedicated to hospitality out of 50 websites.
We would like to thank and share this trophy with ultra-luxury and luxury hotels, candidates and recruiters who continually encourage us to even greater excellence.
Journal des Palaces' Careers Section post jobs in ultra-luxury and luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants worldwide and provide a complete toolbox to follow the applications: job alerts, application notebook, job notebook, files, newsletter... to guide you, whether you are actively seeking a new job or just on standby.