Sought position: Director of welcome / Director of front office Ref ID: n°54315 Town: Verbier Country : Switzerland Contract type: Long term contract Salary: according to your experience Experience: experienced Training course prepared:
Job status: Manager Job category: Accommodation / Reception and Public relations Online since 2019/06/11 This job position is still available for the week of 2019-06-17
Director of welcome / Director of front office (M/F)
As "Talent", you represent W lifestyle to our guests. You are the soul behind the brand and you bring it to life. W Talents are as unique as the brand itself and are personally engaged from a lifestyle standpoint to the warm, witty, welcoming environment of the brand.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE W VERBIER TEAM.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
We are looking for a W passionate and a motivated DIRECTOR OF WELCOME.
As Director of Welcome you will be reporting directly to the EAM-Rooms
You are the heart inside the brand – you bring it to life.
He/she will entail, amongst other, the following responsibilities:
• Lead the Welcome Office Operations( including Welcome Desk, Whatever/Whenever; Night Audit, Concierge and Welcome Ambassador) ;such as guest’s welcome, check in, check out and guest assistance to ensure our guests have an enjoyable lifestyle experience. Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards, and control to ensure they are consistently applied.
• Develop and implement departmental objectives for the Welcome Office and Whatever/Whenever team in line with the hotel objectives. Participate in the selection of talent. Train, develop, coach and manage the performance of direct and indirect reporting talent to ensure the efficient running of the Welcome Office in order to maximize talent satisfaction, productivity and guest satisfaction. Be involved in performance management; ensure Performance Management Plans are done according to the correct guidelines
• Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
• Maintain high visibility during peak period in order to ensure smooth running of operations, promote good public relations, take corrective actions and handle customers’ requests and complaints to ensure their satisfaction. Upon needs, respond to emergency codes
• Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, upcoming events and brief Talent Coaches accordingly so that all Welcome Desk and Whatever/Whenever Talent are able to answer guest requests and questions.
• Ensuring all W standards are adhered to, to achieve the optimum mystery checker score. Maintaining and achieving the hotel’s Guest Voice scores and take action where necessary.
• Ensure new talent are inducted into the department correctly, by ensuring an induction schedule is in place, training checklists and training matrix is prepared. Ensure on-going training for the existing talent on the Brand Standards and any other existing policies and procedures.
• Combination of extensive Resort & Business experiences; up to 5 years as Front Office Head in a high end, lifestyle kind of environment
• Advanced written & verbal fluency in French and English, additional language is all the time a +
• Extrovert, ability to interact with High demanding guest
• Structured, efficient, brand standard addicted and results oriented
• Communicator with Natural affinity to trends
• Advanced computer skills e.g. Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Opera PMS
• Act with integrity, adaptability, flexibility
• Strong team player, attract, develop and retain talent
• Passionate about Design, Fashion, Music and Fuel
Due to visa restrictions only applicants from Switzerland and European Union can be considered.
W is a destination, more than a hotel. A contemporary lifestyle brand infused with the energy of non-traditional luxury. What's hip, fresh, and cool, always balanced with what is comfortable and cozy.
W Verbier is the first alpine escape of W Hotels Worldwide and was honored to be named both Switzerland’s Best Ski Hotel and World’s Best Ski Hotel - 2016 by the reputed World Ski Awards organization.
Perched at 1531 meters and located on the Place Blanche, the heart of the Medran Project, the hotel will be conveniently located next to the main gondola offering immediate access to the 400 kilometers slopes of ski, biking and hiking terrain, ensuring a memorable experience.
Open all year around, W Verbier offers 123 rooms for jet setters seeking extraordinary travel experiences, 6 different bars and restaurants, and the signature AWAY® spa in collaboration with Switzerland’s most famous beauty brand, La Prairie.
Whatever else guests need to amp up their stay, all they need to do is ask. The renowned Whatever/Whenever service team is available to make it happen 24/7.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriottbrands.mi.Find Your World. SM
Our career section has been selected among the best job boards in Les Échos - Statista 2019 list: we are among the 8 best specialised websites according to recruiting managers and we are the only one dedicated to hospitality out of 50 websites.
We would like to thank and share this trophy with ultra-luxury and luxury hotels, candidates and recruiters who continually encourage us to even greater excellence.
Journal des Palaces' Careers Section post jobs in ultra-luxury and luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants worldwide and provide a complete toolbox to follow the applications: job alerts, application notebook, job notebook, files, newsletter... to guide you, whether you are actively seeking a new job or just on standby.