Sought position: Director of sales & marketing Ref ID: n°7948 Town: Paris Country : France Contract type: Long term contract Experience: experienced Job status: Manager Job category: Sales / Indoor - Outdoor Online since 2012/07/05 This job position is still available for the week of 2019-01-21
The atmosphere ... classically Parisian. The experience ... extraordinarily Marriott. As the only hotel on the celebrated Champs Elysees, the Paris Marriott Hotel Champs Elysees is revered among hotels in Paris for its luxury and location. A stroll from exclusive boutiques, major businesses and famed landmarks, it combines breathtaking 19th century French architecture with contemporary elegance and responsive service. This 4-star hotel has an inviting air, extending from the dramatic, glass-domed atrium lobby to exquisitely designed guest rooms with luxurious new bedding, marble bathrooms and high-speed Internet access. Dining here is an occasion, with "Sur les Champs" intricately blending flavors and aromas to excite the senses. Should you need a Paris hotel to host an event, 597 square meters of flexible meeting space is offered, along with outstanding catering and technology services. To ensure an exceptional stay in the City of Lights, our staff is versed in nearly 20 languages and stands ready to assist.
For more information: www.marriott.com
Paris Marriott Hôtel Champs-Elysées is looking for...
Director of sales & marketing (M/F)
Functions as the strategic business leader of the Sales and Marketing Department for the MARRIOTT PARIS CHAMPS ELYSEES. The DOSM of the hotel has overall responsibility to lead the properties global sales and marketing efforts to achieve and/or exceed the hotels revenue goals.
Fully accountable for Business Planning and development, as well as execution of the Sales Strategy. A dotted reporting line to the Market Director of Sales & Marketing – Paris based in the Puteaux Cluster ensures alignment across the brands in the market.
Responsible for achieving properties revenue goals, team booking pace goals, guest and associate satisfaction and the financial performance of the sales & marketing department. Evaluates and supports the property participation in the various existing sales channels e.g., Market Sales, Event Booking Centers, Revenue Management, E-Channels etc …, and develops strong working relationships to maximize the property benefits
Develops and manages internal key stakeholders relationships, and participates in all the owners meetings. As DOSM of the hotel, and as an Executive Committee member, develops and implements property – wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile and property employees, and provides a return on investment to the owner and the company.
With the support of the Marketing Communication Manager, handles the marketing budgets to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet business objectives. Key criteria : being creative and bring new ideas to create a real different positioning for the property on the luxury Parisian market : being familiar and experienced with PR strategy, working with an outsourced PR agency etc ….
Accountable for a determined set of accounts/markets of their own. Location: Paris, France CORE WORK ACTIVITIES- BUSINESS CONTEXT
Driving Sales & Marketing Strategy
• Evaluates market and economic trends • Develops and executes sales goals and strategy to meet management and region targets • Coaches leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance • Determines marketing communication activities with the support of the Marketing Communication Manager of the Market Sales team • Partners actively with Revenue Management to develop the property sales strategy, and for annual pricing process, request for pricing and implementation of the sales & marketing Business Plan • Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy • Ensures that sales strategies are communicated, implemented and updates as market conditions fluctuate
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Evaluates and supports market sales participation and performance as well as sales accounts deployment • Monitors EBC (Event Booking Center / Group Desk at the Paris Cluster Office based in Puteaux) participation and performance • Sets performance targets to push and drive market sales associates to grow account share and hotel revenues • Ensures focus is on proactive selling as well as reactive selling
Managing Sales Activities
• Deploys and manages a sales team : proactive and reactive • Serves as authority on sales processes and sales contracts • Participates when needed in sales calls with members of the sales & marketing property teams to acquire new business and/or close on business • Works with Human Resources to review staffing levels and provide appropriate staffing and deployment
Managing Public Relations
• Develops strong community and public relations with the support of the Marketing Communication Manager by ensuring properties participate in local, regional and national trade shows and client events • Coordinates properties public relations and crisis communications while acting as the voice of the property / Marriott brand if necessary • Support trade shows and sales events initiatives
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships • Provides leadership as the sales contact for General Managers, property leadership teams, EBC and Market Sales Leaders • Acts as the sales liaison with Market Sales, other Cluster Sales properties, EBC, Revenue Management, Event Management Teams and other property departments • Serves as property authority on sales processes and sales contracts
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement • Supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards • Participates in and practices service basics of the different brands concerned i.e. : MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics • Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements • Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
• 2-5 years as Director of Sales at a property level or in another structure, hospitality industry preferred • Good overview and knowledge of multiple segments strategy and management, with a specific focus on high end deluxe agencies, and non qualified mix segments • Knowledge on international source markets important for the hotel : Middle East, Russia, South America and US • Stakeholders relationship management : owners, regional sales offices etc .. • Managing sales forces • International mindset and background
• Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes (how to bring a sales to closure) • Leadership : - Professional Demeanor : representing Marriott in alignment with its values - Problem Solving and Decision Making - Communication : conveying information and ideas to others in convincing and engaging manner + strong public presentations skills - Adaptability : maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace • Managing Execution : planning and organizing, driving for results, building and contributing to Teams • Building Relationships : coworker relationships, customer relationships, fostering inclusion by supporting associates • Generating Talent and Organizational Capability : provide guidance + feedbacks to help individuals develop to accomplish work objectives, and achieve department/business objectives • Learning and applying personal expertise : - making the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and others - technical acumen : understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to approach function-specific work challenges - communications and media : inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media - devising sales approaches and solutions : deal with sales challenges and opportunities, developing sales solutions that consider facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and consequences - persuasiveness in sales ability - sales calls facilitation and sales coaching supporting sales implementations - sales opportunity analysis to deliver sales strategies and plans • Business Acumen : - Evaluates market conditions, organizational objectives, and important aspects of the business to accurately diagnose market opportunities and threats. - Understands and applies the business and management information involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources. • Requires excellent organization skills and the ability to balance a variety of projects simultaneously • Ability to set accurate account and revenue goals for multiple properties • Ability to use standard software applications, Excel, Power Point software applications and hotels systems : OPERA, SFA etc … • Understands revenue management functions and accounts profitability • Financial management skills e.g. ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning • Good organization, analytical, and negotiation skills • Effective conflict management skills • Ability to manage labor productivity and customer/associate relationships • Position requires ability to travel internationally. • English and French fluency is required. • Ability to effectively present information to a group
Education or Certification
• 2-year degree from an accredited University or School in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major • 4-year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area
Journal des Palaces as been selected among the best job boards in Les Échos - Statista 2019 list: we are among the 8 best specialised websites according to recruiting managers and we are the only one dedicated to hospitality out of 50 websites.
We would like to thank and share this trophy with ultra-luxury and luxury hotels, candidates and recruiters who continually encourage us to even greater excellence.
Journal des Palaces' Careers Section post job offers in ultra-luxury and luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants worldwide and provide a complete toolbox to follow the applications: job alerts, application notebook, job notebook, files, newsletter... to guide you, whether you are actively seeking a new job or just on standby.